Thursday, February 24, 2005

A cell phone may be good enough to solve two problems

In relation to this article, and this article -

The cheap organizer works, but synchronizing data to it is a pain as the cheap software that comes with it isn't designed to grab data from the Palm Desktop software I already own, or in fact from any PIM software. You get to pay money for that upgrade, and if you don't you can either manually enter your contact information or try to figure out their file format - and I haven't had time for either.

I bought a pre-paid cellular phone, a Kyocera K9 from Virgin Mobile. The I paid $14.99 for software and a cable to synchronize it with my PC, turns out that it can contain 100 contacts and a schedule - so we'll see how that works. I'm not holding my breath, though, because what little I've learned of the software says it plays nicely with Outlook and Outlook Expres, and I don't use those.

My suspicions are that the cell phone will be better than the organizer - after all, I can actually make a call to the person in the directory; whether it becomes "good enough" only time will tell.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog. I will remember to come back here for for insight intocellular phone I found this info useful also cellular phone

sowmya said...

As when i read your article, I found this blog quite interesting. Thanks for your blog..
Funny blog site